Need Off-Campus Access to Databases and Online Resources?
Whether we’re not open or you are working from off campus, many of WOU’s resources are still available for you.
Online Help and Consultations
WOU library staff (and our partner librarians, when we’re not available) are online and available to answer questions. Use the link in the toolbar above.
Librarians are available for email and chat consultations as well.
Access to files, drives, and specialized programs
You can access your H drive and specialized programs, including Mathab, SPSS, and SAS from off campus by using WOU’s VDI Servers
Subscription databases, ebooks, online journals and citation tools are available 24/7. Some resources are only available to WOU students, faculty and staff and require a Pawprint username and password to authorize access. Searching in the catalog, Summit, library Web pages, and most external links are available to everyone.
- Logging in:
Enter your Pawprint username and password on the following screen:
- Don’t know your Pawprint username or password? Use Account Lookup
- Still not working? Log into the VDI servers and access through a browser on that server. When using VDI, you can also access your files stored on the campus network (My Documents, public_html) and applications such as Microsoft Office, SPSS, or SAS.
Technical Recommendations and Requirements
To have full functionality when using library resources, we recommend:
- Firefox, Chrome, or Internet Explorer latest version. Mac users: please use Firefox or Chrome, rather than Safari.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader (a free helper/plug-in application)
- Firewalls: Some school districts and workplaces have firewalls that interfere with our proxy server, the machine that identifies you as a WOU patron to our subscription databases. Contact your network administrator for assistance. Your network or ISP must allow access to ports 2048-2248 (except 2049).
If you need assistance or experience problems, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by using the chat widget. The library Reference Desk may also be available at 503-838-8899.
Subscription databases and some online sites are only available to WOU students, faculty and staff. An individual’s Pawprint username and password authorizes access to the restricted links.