COVID-19 (novel coronavirus) Updates and Resources
Service Hours & Contacts
September Intersession building hours are:
- Mondays – Fridays: 8am to 5pm
Saturdays – Sundays: closed
Fall term hours may be found here: library.wou.edu/hours
The 24-Hour computer lab and expansion into HL 107 is open.
Accessing the Building
Hamersly Library is again open to all. A WOU ID card is no longer required for entry and exit.
Both entrances are again open.
Masks & Vaccination Status
Campus policy requires everyone to wear a mask while indoors, regardless of vaccination status.
Spaces (what's open)
Study rooms and most conference rooms are being prepared and will open again for Fall term. Room 205 is open for walk-in use, and 205 and 107 can be reserved by contacting Christopher Mansayon.
The Audio/Video Production Studio are available by reservation only and limited to one user per day.
The Press is currently closed.
Collections Access & Borrowing
Request materials through Primo: Staff will pull materials and either mail them or hold them for pickup at Hamersly, according to your request. Curbside pickup is available, or you can come to the Checkout Desk.
Self-retrieval of materials: All collections are open to patrons for browsing and self-retrieval if desired.
Equipment Computing equipment and accessories to support remote learning are available, as is general equipment such as cameras. Ask at the Checkout Desk, or over phone, chat, or email.
General Services & Current Status
- Access to digital resources
Databases, ebooks, online journals, campus network drives, and specialized programs.
- Librarian consultations
Each subject has a librarian with specialized knowledge of resources in that field. Email for help or request a chat appointment.
- Scan and Delivery access to print resources in the library*
- Lending of general equipment (such as DSLR cameras, camcorders, tripods, light therapy lamps, etc.) is resumed. Request it from the Checkout Desk or via chat, email or phone. Computing equipment and accessories that facilitate online coursework are described below with an online request form.
- Summit requests have resumed, but with deliveries to Hamersly Library two days per week. Expect slower service than pre-pandemic.
- Interlibrary Loan requests are resumed, both for hard-copy books and media and for digital copies of journal articles and book chapters. Expect slower service than pre-pandemic.
- When you are ready to return items, request a WOU-paid shipping label.
We loan computing equipment needed to conduct coursework online. As with all other materials available from the library, there is no expense to borrow any of this equipment. The loan is for the full term.
Computing Equipment Request form
Can’t access the form? You must be logged into your WOU email to fill it out. If it still doesn’t work, use this link.
Please note that Chromebooks require nearly constant internet access.
Dell desktop PCs
In addition to the PC, a monitor, keyboard, mouse and cables are included. No wireless cards installed. These must be connected with ethernet cable (included). If you have a WiFi router at home, you can plug the ethernet cable into it.
Each includes keyboard, mouse, and cables. Wireless card installed. *iMacs cannot be mailed and must be borrowed and returned in person.
iPads and iPad Minis
While iPads are optimized in a wireless network, many apps work very well while not connected.
- Recent iPad Minis
iPads only; no peripherals.
- Older standard iPad models
These come with a keyboard. The iOS can no longer be updated on these and so some apps currently in the App Store are not compatible; however, testing typical Moodle content (on both the Moodle App and through the browser) showed no problems.
Headsets with microphone
- Library Instruction and Information Literacy for Online Courses
The library offers a variety of options to support online courses, including, but not limited to, research guides, tutorials, and Moodle integration. Contact your librarian. We’ll find out what you need and the determine the best option with the quickest turn-around time.
- Purchasing of eBooks and online resources
Need an online resource to help with remote delivery of course content? Use the purchase request form or contact your librarian.
- Streaming video via Films OnDemand, AVON, and Kanopy
- Digitization of materials you own for use in remote or online instruction*
Have hard copies of items that you need to have scanned for use in your course? We can do that. Please include a copy of the digitization form with your materials.
- Resources for creating your own digital/ multi-media projects/lessons
- Help Lower Textbook Costs for Students November 1, 2021
- Campus Printing FAQ October 3, 2021
- Sign up to get texts from the library September 16, 2021
- Fall term exhibits @ the library September 16, 2021
- New! Recreational ebooks and digital audiobooks now available March 24, 2021
- Important tips for researching with Google Scholar November 9, 2020
- WOU Faculty: get a stipend for creating an OER October 12, 2020
- Missing browsing the shelves? August 11, 2020
- Request items for delivery or pickup August 11, 2020
- Hamersly Library Memories Submission August 10, 2020