Food, Drink and Tobacco
Food, drink and tobacco
Leave No Trace. The library has adapted the following Leave No Trace principles of outdoor ethics to its food and drink guidelines.* The primary goal is to ensure both the comfort of library users and a long life for library collections, furnishings, and equipment.
- Plan accordingly: If you do carry in food or drinks, avoid messy foods that may damage library material and facilities or be disruptive to others, and have drinks in containers unlikely to spill.
- Dispose of recyclables and waste properly.
- Leave what you find: Leave library resources, furnishings, and equipment as you found them–or in better condition than you found them.
- Be considerate of other visitors: Respect nearby library users, the next library user who will use your space, and the next generation of library users.
- Report accidents to library staff as soon as possible.
- Use of tobacco in any form is prohibited throughout the Hamersly Library.
Smoking areas are designated to the south of both outside entrances.
- Alcohol is strictly prohibited. The library complies with WOU’s alcohol policy.
- The library reserves the right to ask patrons to eat specific foods elsewhere.
Love Your Library ~ Leave No Trace
This work was adapted from that of Folke Bernadotte Memorial Library of Gustavus Adolphus College and is licensed under a Creative Commons license 3.0.
rev. April 2010